HOW DOES IT WORK?
Plusbac Silage is a highly effective, commensal, beneficial microbial liquid. The product has been carefully developed over 15 years with great success when used as an additive to silage/haylage with over 40 different bacteria known within the brew. When added they create a stable silage which greatly improves the condition of your stock. It can be used on grass, maize and whole crop for the production of silage or haylage with proven results over the years, culminating in the increase in milk yield in dairy cows and increased weight and nutrient intake in horses and beef stock.
The bacteria present help ferment some of the sugars into lactic acid causing a decline in ph which results in a more stable silage (less perishable). In turn the microorganisms, under anaerobic circumstances, (as inside a closed silo), create a type of pre fermentation resulting in the release of anti-oxidants and vitamins. Valuable nutrients that are normally difficult to digest are broken down and digested more effectively which helps increase the yield of the cow, in some cases substantially. Heating of the silage is inhibited.
Common findings in analysis of Plusbac Silage added to silage over the years include the reduction in the ph balance as well as the significant increase in propionic acid which has a positive effect on milk and milk protein production. It has also been found that there is a positive effect on the decrease in methane production in the rumen and increase in production of glucogenic nutrients.
- Reduction in pathogenic bacteria, potentially harmful molds and fungi in the silage/haylage
- Less waste of silage/haylage due to less rot
- Reduced heating of silage/haylage
- Ensures normal digestive function (More beneficial microorganisms in the digestive gut/tract)
- Maintains healthy appetite and weight by balancing nutrient production and absorption
- For all baled grass and legume silages
- Applies one million live bacteria per gram forage
- Available for liquid treatment only
- 20l of Plusbac Silage treats 50 tonnes of haylage/Silage
- Add 20l to 60 litres of water and apply at 1.6L litres per tonne
- Tank mix life 2 days at ambient temperature
- Unopened shelf life 14 months in a cool, dry place
- GMO free
- Suitable for organic use (Soil association approved for use within organic production)
- Optimises wellbeing, general condition
- A totally natural way to help maintain an optimum immune system
- Aids metabolism, improving nutrient production and absorption
Highly beneficial microbial, liquid balancer
- Per 100 tonnes of Haylage/Silage = 40/50l diluted with water by at least 3 to 1 reaching 5 to 1 when dry
- Spray diluted Plusbac Silage evenly over the Haylage/silage as being gathered and or baled. Alternatively spray layers of silage as collected.
- Do not spray in direct sunlight if possible.
David Matthews, Dairy Herdsman, Glos
We have had problems with our organic Silage with pathogenic bacteria causing scouring. These beneficial bacteria ensure this doesn’t happen which in turn, increases yield and makes my life easier!