A Highly Effective, Commensal, Beneficial Microbial Liquid For Silage
Plusbac Silage speeds the fermentation of baled and clamped grass for use as Silage. Where dry matter is higher such as in haylage or humid hay, Plusbac Silage is used to prevent bad fermentation and the growth of mould. The rapid formation of lactic acid brings down the pH value quickly to its optimal level and because the product is heterofermentative and produces several positive or healthy fermentation acids, the improvement in aerobic stability works against secondary fermentation. The result is a product that is appetising, high in energy and nutrients and helps maintain a healthy condition in livestock.
Plusbac Silage makes for a very palatable silage!
- For all baled grass and legume silages
- Applies one million live bacteria per gram forage
- Available for liquid treatment only
- 25L of Plusbac Silage treats 50 tonnes of haylage/Silage
- Add 25L to 75 Litres of water and apply at 2L per tonne
- Tank mix life 3 days at ambient temperature
- GMO free
- Suitable for organic use (Soil association approved for use within organic production)
Baled silages are usually made of higher DM, longer chop forage so fermentation is slower and the final pH higher. Bales are also more prone to aerobic spoilage due to their high surface area to volume ratio and reduced density, even when chopped.
Highly beneficial microbial, liquid balancer
David Matthews, Dairy Herdsman, Glos
We have had problems with our organic Silage with pathogenic bacteria causing scouring. These beneficial bacteria ensure this doesn’t happen which in turn, increases yield and makes my life easier!